The Institute for Postgraduate Dental Education in Jönköping is a leading centre in the areas of specialized dental care, specialist training in nine disciplines and patient-centered research. By qualified and comprehensive work in clinical practice and research, we continually develop our knowledge and bring it to use in treatment and training.
The Public Dental Service (PDS) Administration, from 2003 headed by administrative director Dr Agnetha Bartoll, administrates the PDS, specialised dental care, education, and research. The latter is carried out at the Institute for Postgraduate Dental Education in Jönköping. The vision of the Institute for Postgraduate Dental Education in Jönköping is to
- Be a regional and a national specialist centre for the care of patients with special dental care needs in a qualified manner that spans the different fields.
- Develop treatment methods for complicated dental states of ill-health by interdisciplinary collaboration.
- Be a leading centre, both nationally and internationally, for specialist education and other qualified postgraduate education of dental personnel.
- Initiate and pursue dental research and development work with an emphasis on oral health and epidemiological and clinical issues.
- Be a good, environmentally-adjusted, place of work where there is equality of opportunity and where the personnel take pleasure in their work, are creative, and develop their expertise.
The Institute for Postgraduate Dental Education is environmentally certified according to the environmental guidelines Iso 14001. This means that routines for planning, supervising, and following up environmental work have been established.